The use of imaging methods during diagnosis, treatment plan and follow-up of treatment in oral and dental health is essential for success.
For this purpose, two-dimensional imaging radiographs and three-dimensional tomographs can be used.
Where Is Dental Radiology and Imaging Used?
- Detection of caries
- Before and during root canal treatment
- Detecting bone damage in cases with advanced gum disease
- Pre-implant surgery planning and follow-up of treatment
- In joint disorders
- In case of cysts and tumors related to teeth and bones
- Determining the position of the impacted tooth before surgical procedures
- In orthodontic treatment, in determining the relationship between the jaws and teeth and determining the treatment method.
- In the detection of salivary gland diseases
- Following the tooth development and growth of children
- In suspicion of tooth and jaw fracture